About This Course
Are you a small business owner in the UK who needs guidance on how to set up and use Xero to do your accounts?
Or, are you a freelance bookkeeper who needs to learn how to use Xero for your UK clients?
Whatever your situation, if you are new to Xero, this course will help you to get up and running quickly with the world’s most popular online bookkeeping software.
Our comprehensive course will step you through everything you need to know about setting up and using Xero in just a few hours.
- Sign up to Xero: learn how to open an account with Xero and start a “Xero file” for your business.
- Demo Company: find out how to practise your bookkeeping skills in Xero’s amazing demo company.
- Initial Settings: learn how to set up your initial setting such the users, VAT tax rates, email settings and financial settings.
- Set Up Bank Accounts: find out how to set up your bank accounts, PayPal accounts, credit cards and more in Xero.
- Invoices and Sales: learn everything you need to know about managing your sales and invoices in Xero including repeating invoices and automatic follow-up emails when chasing payment.
- Bills and Purchases: manage your bills and suppliers easily in Xero. Find out how to create repeating bills, purchase orders and more.
- Reconcile Bank Accounts: learn how to receoncile various bank transactions quickly and easily and how to set up automatic bank feeds.
- Products and Services: findo out how to manage basic inventory in Xero without add-ons and how to setup products and services that feed into your invoices and bills instantly.
- Fixed Assets: find out how to create fixed assets from bank transactions and how to run depreciation at the end of a financial period.
- Payroll: set up and manage your payroll in Xero. No need for any add-on software – Xero’s payroll system is perfect for small businesses.
- VAT Returns: learn how to set up your VAT returns in Xero and how to lodge them from Xero to the HMRC through the Making Tax Digital (MTD) scheme.
By the end of this course, you will be fully equipped to set up and manage Xero UK for your small business or your bookkeeping clients.
6.5 hours of videos
Invoices and Sales
- Introduction – Invoices and Sales
- Sales Screens
- Creating an Invoice
- Repeating Invoices
- Credit Notes
- Creating Quotes
- Other Invoicing Tasks
- Sending Statements
- Sales Reporting
Bills and Purchases
- Introduction – Bills and Purchases
- Purchases Screens
- Creating a Bill
- Repeating Bills
- Credit Notes
- Purchase Orders
- Batch Payments
- Other Billing Tasks
- Sending Remittances
- Purchases Reporting
- Introduction – Bank Accounts
- Bank Accounts Screens
- Automatic Matching
- Reconciling Invoices
- Reconciling Bills
- Reconciling Spend Money
- Reconciling Receive Money
- Find and Match
- Bank Rules
- Cash Coding
- Remove and Redo vs Unreconcile
- Uploading Bank Transactions
- Automatic Bank Feeds
Products and Services
- Introduction – Products and Services
- Products and Services Screen
- Adding Services
- Adding Untracked Products
- Adding Tracked Products
- Introduction – Fixed Assets
- Adding Assets from Bank Transactions
- Adding Assets from Spend Money
- Adding Assets from Bills
- Introduction – Payroll
- Adding Employees
- Paying Employees
- Payroll Filing
- Introduction – VAT Returns
- VAT Returns – Manual Filing
- VAT Returns – Digital Filing
“This is a really great course and I can recommend it to anybody. Very user friendly.”
“This is an excellent match for me so far and I’m learning a lot. Thank you!“
“This course was excellent for a total beginner in Xero, very clear instructions from Mark.”