In this tutorial, you will learn how to add a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) in Xero payroll. To achieve this, we will set up an SMSF in Xero’s demo company.
Superannuation in Xero’s Payroll Settings
To add a self-managed superannuation fund, first go to the Superannuation tab of the payroll settings area:
- Go to Settings → Payroll in the main menu.
- Click on the Superannuation tab.
How to Add a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF)
In Xero’s demo company, you should see a few super funds that have already been set up. In the exercise, we will add an SMSF to the list. To get started, click on Add Superannuation Fund on the right-hand side of your screen.
A pop-up box will appear allowing you to enter the details of the SMSF. For this tutorial, we will enter the following information:
- Type: choose Self Managed Superannuation Fund.
- Name: type in John and Joan Super Fund.
- ABN: type in a valid ABN such as 12 345 678 900.
- Electronic Service Address Alias: type in AUSTPOST.
- Employer Number: leave this blank.
- BSB: type in 123 456.
- Account Number: type in 123456789.
- Account Name: type in John and Joan Super Fund.
Click on the Add button when finished. You should now see the John and Joan Super Fund in the list of Superannuation funds.
That’s all you need to do to set up a self-managed super fund in Xero payroll. To find out how to assign a super fund to an employee, please visit our guide on how to set up an employee in Xero payroll.