In this tutorial, you will learn how to add a superannuation fund in Xero payroll. To achieve this, we will set up a regulated super fund in Xero’s demo company.
Superannuation in Xero’s Payroll Settings
To add a superannuation fund, first go to the Superannuation tab of the payroll settings area:
- Go to Settings → Payroll in the main menu.
- Click on the Superannuation tab.
How to Add a Superannuation Fund
If you are using the demo company, you should see a few super funds that have already been set up on the Superannuation tab. In the exercise, we will add a regulated superannuation fund. To do this, click on Add Superannuation Fund on the right-hand side of your screen.
A pop-up box will appear allowing you to enter the details of the super fund. For this exercise, enter the following information:
- Type: choose Regulated Superannuation Fund.
- Name: type in First. Choose First Super from the list that appears.
- Employee Number: type in 123456.
- USI: this should already be populated.
Click on the Add button when finished. You should now see First Super in the list of Superannuation funds.
That’s all you need to do to add a super fund to the list in Xero payroll. To find out how to assign a super fund to an employee, please visit our guide on how to set up an employee in Xero payroll.