If you need to make a change to any of your payroll Reimbursements pay item in Xero, follow the steps in this tutorial. In this guide, we will edit a reimbursement pay item in Xero’s demo company.
Pay Items in Xero’s Payroll Settings
To edit a deduction pay item, first go to the Pay Items tab of the payroll settings area:
- Go to Settings → Payroll in the main menu.
- Click on the Pay Items tab.
How to Edit a Reimbursement Pay Item
On the Pay Items tab, you should see a number of pay items that have already been set up in the demo company. In the exercise, we will rename the Travel National Costs pay item and change its general ledger code. To do this:
- Select Reimbursements on the left-hand side.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the Travel National Costs row.
- Click on Edit in the drop-down list.
A pop-up box will appear allowing you to change some of the fields. For this exercise, make the following changes:
- Reimbursement Name: change it to Travel International Costs.
- Account: change it to 494: Travel – International.
Click on the Save button when finished. You should now see that the name and general ledger account of the pay item have been changed.