Editing an earnings Pay Item in Xero payroll is easy. In this tutorial, we will edit an earnings pay item in Xero’s demo company.
Pay Items in Xero’s Payroll Settings
To edit an earnings pay item, first go to the Pay Items tab of the payroll settings area:
- Go to Settings → Payroll in the main menu.
- Click on the Pay Items tab.
How to Edit an Earnings Pay Item
On the Pay Items tab you should see a number of pay items that have already been set up in the demo company. In the exercise, we will change the name of the ETP Leave Earning pay item. To do this:
- Select Earnings on the left-hand side.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the ETP Leave Earning row.
- Click on Edit in the drop-down list.
A pop-up box will appear allowing you to change some of the fields. For this exercise, we will change the Earnings Name of the pay item to Employee Termination Payment Leave Earning.
Click on the Save button when finished. You should now see that the name of the pay item has been changed.